Keynote Speaker David Bosshart
Dr. David Bosshart: CEO of the Global Think Tank (Gottlieb Duttweiler Institute) for Economic and Social studies (GDI), Zurich
Dr. David Bosshart - SIMPLEXITY -
Making Things easier in this complex World!
Book your keynote speaker David Bosshart
Call: +971 50393 2083
Digitalization, Internet of Things & Social Media
Experts on Innovation & Keynote Speaker
Globalisation & Politics
Intercultural Management - Cross Culture
Leadership & Motivation
Life Science & Physics
Teambuilding - Human Resources & Adventure
Trends & Future
Basic information about Dr. David Bosshart
David Bosshart is Director General of the Gottlieb Duttweiler Institute (Global Think Tank).
He is the author of several publications and a keynote speaker at international events in Europe, the United States and Asia. His specialization focuses on consumption and retail, leadership, social development, and political philosophy.
Talking Topics – David Bosshart’s areas of expertise are the following:
- Trends and counter-trends in commerce, industry, and society
- Globalization: Myths and facts, winners and losers
- Game changers: 10 players who are establishing new rules in a multi-cultural world
- The Future of Success: How management will transform
- Survival of the Fittest – What it truly means
- Small is beautiful
- How the five “D’s” (digitization, demographics, (de-)globalization, debt, deflation) will shape new forms of decision-making.
- High Technology and High Touch: How people’ needs are changing.
- SIMPLEXITY: Simplifying things in a complex world
David Bosshart’s career
David Bosshart – SIMPLEXITY: Simplifying things in a complex world!
David Bosshart is Director General of the Gottlieb Duttweiler Institute (Global Think Tank). The GDI is an independent global think tank founded by European pioneer Gottlieb Duttweiler (1888-1962). The institute specializes in trend studies, strategic seminars, conferences and congresses such as the International Retail Summit (59th edition in 2009), the European Foodservice Summit (10th edition in 2009) and the European Consumer Trend Conference (5th edition in 2009). The major subjects dealt with are: the evolution of consumption models and society, innovation in retail trade and the services sector.
After his bachelor’s degree and entrepreneurial training, David Bosshart completed his studies with a doctorate from the University of Zurich in philosophy and political theory. He has been extensively involved in communications and marketing consulting, retail and scientific research.
1991-1996 Head of department at GDI for consumer survey and social transformation. In years 1997-1999 he was head of strategic development and director of the cultural and social division of the Migros Cooperative Federation (the renowned percentage of culture). Bosshart has maintained its current position since 1999.
David Bosshart ’s topics
Megatrends, change, globalization, politics
Megatrends and countertrends in business and society
Trust – The most valuable resource. However, who can we trust in the future?
The Future of Success – How Management is Changing
The future of power: Who has power in the 21st century?
The Age of Less: Redefining Prosperity
The 5Ds: (De)globalization. Digitization. Demography. Debt. Deflation.
Technology & People
Hightech and Hightouch: How human needs are changing in the digital world
Simplexity – The Longing for Simplicity in an Ever More Complex World
The digital world in front of us: Man and machine in an accelerated economy
Big Data – Deep Emotions: what Amazon, Facebook, Alibaba, Google, etc. do with us
Digital Ageing: How technology can help us better plan our lives and grow old more interestingly
Smart Home and Smart Living: New dimensions of living and living thanks to new technologies
Consumer trends, trade, brands, marketing in transition
The future of consumption. How do we live tomorrow?
The future of retail: markets, brands, people
The future of brands, media, and communication
Nutrition 2025: Between science and romance
Luxury 3.0. Status faction. Seduction, style. How we will distinguish ourselves in the future
Authenticity – A trend prevails. What it means, what it changes
The slower you move, the faster you die: What the acceleration of all areas of life means for us
Society, work and leisure
Workstyle: The future of work
Mobility 2025: More mobility, less traffic
Healthstyle instead of Lifestyle: How an aging society sets new trends
Demography as Fate: The Winners and Losers
Further topics by arrangement
David Bosshart ’s publications
- Wellness 2030. The new techniques of happiness. Authors: David Bosshart, Karin Frick, Marta Kwiatkowski, Leonie Thalmann GDI study no. 45/2018 in commissioned by: Global Wellness Institute
- European Food Trends Report. Food is Eating my Life: Why Food is Becoming the New Pop. Authors: Christine Schäfer, David Bosshart, Christopher Muller. GDI study no. 44/2017
- Polarization Shocks – Are Growing Gaps in a Shrinking World Inevitable? Gottlieb Duttweiler Institute 2017. 30p.
- Mobilität 2025. Unterwegs in der Zukunft. Authors: Frerk Froböse, Martina Kühne, 60p. 2013 (German only)
- European Food Trends Report: Konsumentenfrühling – Beginn eines neuen Essbewusstseins. Authors: David Bosshart, Christopher Muller, Mirjam Hauser. GDI study no. 40/2013 (available in German)
- The Age of Less. Hamburg Murmann 2011, 223p (e-book available).
Reprimatisierung. Warum wir in Neuen Medien wie Affen kommunizieren. Authors: Lionel Tiger, Norbert Bolz, David Bosshart, e-book edition only, 16p.
- And many more…
David Bosshart’s work appeared in publications such as:
Forbes, Time Magazine, Business Week, Financial Times, WirtschaftsWoche, Neue Zürcher Zeitung, CNN, Der Standard, Wall Street Journal, BBC,Der Spiegel, Focus, Stern, Frankfurter Allgemeine, Playboy, Greenpeace Magazin, Het Financieele Dagblad, Die Zeit, Manager Magazin, Süddeutsche Zeitung, Die Welt, Le Temps, ZDF, ORF, SRF, Hürriyet.